If you use Contact Form 7 on your WordPress website and get swamped by spam bot emails, you need to integrate reCAPTCHA with it. If you don’t know about reCAPTCHA, then here’s a quick intro. reCAPTCHA protects you against spam and other types of automated abuse. With Contact Form 7’s reCAPTCHA integration module, you can block abusive form submissions by spambots. Here is how to add reCAPTCHA to Contact Form 7:
Follow these steps to add reCAPTCHA to Contact Form 7:
1. Open WordPress Dashboard and navigate to the plugins area
2. ‘Install’ and ‘Activate’ Contact Form 7 if you haven’t already
3. If you already have, navigate to sidebar Contact> Integration
4. Find the reCAPTCHA box and click the ‘Setup Integration’ button
5. The button will take you to the next page where you’ll see empty fields for keys
6. Follow our guide to register for reCAPTCHA tool and complete the process
Open the given link to register your website in order to use reCAPTCHA.
7. Copy Site Key and Secret Key after completion and paste in the empty fields
After completing the steps given in the aforementioned guide on Step 6, copy the required keys and enter them in the empty fields and click ‘Save Changes.’
8. Click ‘Setup Integration’ and it will take you to a new page
reCAPTCHA is active on your site
reCAPTCHA is active on your site. A reCAPTCHA will also appear on your website as well.
So, following these steps, you can add reCAPTCHA to Contact Form 7. You can follow the same steps and use Site Key and Secret Key to integrate with other services as well.